First Dates You Should Rethink | Single Atlanta
First dates can be tough. They can be even tougher if you are the one that is in charge of planning it. A bad decision here could start things off on the wrong foot. Don't be shy about asking the other person about some things that they enjoy. An online poll revealed the worst first dates:
- 81% - Family Functions: You want your first date to be a relaxing opportunity to get to know a little more about each other. Introducing the family at a first date may be a little intimidating to the other person so save this for after you both are comfortable with each other.
- 34% - Dance Clubs: Those dance moves you think are so cool may not come off as well as you hoped. Plus its loud, crowded, and getting sweaty before the first kiss may not be the best move.
- 31% - Movies: It seems like such a no pressure first date and it is. For two hours your focus is on something other than the person you are supposed to be getting to know. Plus what if the movie is a "Dud". Do you really want to start things off like this?
- 24% - Sporting Events: You love your team and that's great. But like the movie first date, do you really want the first date to be more about the event then your date?
- 15% - The Beach: Beautiful scenery, relaxing atmosphere, and lots of time to talk. Sounds like a perfect date, yet getting half naked may be a better idea down the road.
- 15% - Comedy Shows: It was all going great until your date tried to engage in some conversation and instead was heckled by the comedian for daring to talk during his best stuff. This is another one like the movie or sporting event date that you spend significant time focused on something other than your date. Save it for date number five.
- 13% - Mini-golf: With the right person this could actually be fun. Just be sure that this is something your date would enjoy. Obviously 13% of people would not appreciate this as a first date.
- 11% - Theme Restaurants. 'I think I'll have ye olde steak' can get old after a while.
- 9% - Museums: This is another one that with the right person could be fun. But there is a wide range of appreciation for art so be sure your know what might interest your date.
- 9% - Coffee Houses: This first date would provide you ample opportunity to chat, but it probably won't do much to impress the other person.
Note: Percentages add up to more than 100% because some respondents made multiple selections.
One of the advantages of working with a matchmaker is that they will have taken the time to ask a lot of questions of each person. They will be able to give you some guidance about what might be some potential date options. Its like having the inside scoop so that you can plan a first date that both people will be comfortable and enjoy.
Single Atlanta is the most trusted Atlanta matchmaker. Our process is safe, fun, and easy. We make personal hand-selected matches with people who share common interests, core values and life goals. If you are ready to start your adventure, Call Us at (404) 250-9292 or fill out ourFast Form below to learn more and Be Our Next Match!