5 "Wow" First Dates in Atlanta
First dates always bring up a host of questions. What type of food does your date like, what kind of music, go casual or a little more dressed up½ the list goes on and on. Today we look at five dates that put all questions to rest and simply go for the "Wow" factor.
- Date # 1: Georgia Aquarium's Swim or Dive Take your date on a swim with the largest fish in Atlanta and the world, the whale shark at the Georgia Aquarium. $225 (per person) gets you a 2.5 hour shared experience with 30 minutes in the water. This is the type of date you see in movies where money isn't an issue. Still if you want to differentiate yourself this is one of our top choices.
- Date # 2: A Picnic at Piedmont Park Picturesque Piedmont Park features a walking/jogging path, picnic facilities, playgrounds, tennis courts, public swimming pool, two ponds, and more. Bring a blanket and catch some rays, do some people watching, or bring your dogs along for a double date at the Dog Park. Later stop by the Park Tavern for some refreshments and keep the date going into the night.
- Date # 3: Catch Some Air We're talking about getting high as in high above the city in a hot air balloon or maybe even doing a little sky diving. $225 (per person) gets you up to an hour air time at Balloons Over Georgia. Feeling a little more adventuresome check out the Above Atlanta Skydiving Center for some free-falling. Prices are seasonal. This is one date you may not want to surprise your date with.
- Date 4: Shoot the Hooch Rent a a canoe or Kayaks and explore the Chattahoochee River. Or take it easy by floating a tube or by taking a ride on the Spirit of Roswell Riverboat. Prices at Shoot the Hooch vary from $20 per hour for a canoe, $40 per hour for a two person kayak, or $20 per person for a 1.5 hour riverboat ride. Any of these choices is sure to stand out. And you'll see a part of Atlanta from a different perspective.
- Date #5: Anything at the Fox Theater Catch a Broadway show, catch a movie during the summer, take a tour of the landmark theater, or even enjoy some music. Whatever you do will be enhanced at the Fabulous Fox Theater by the fantastic atmosphere and "Mighty Mo".. Is there a better place to get that first kiss in than the balcony with the stars twinkling over head. Stop by the Georgian Terrace after and enjoy a coffee and desert. These five first dates are sure to make an impression. Of course if you're looking for a simpler first date you could always "do lunch".